Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wring That Neck

Lately I've been fascinated by the Deep Purple song 'Wring That Neck'. It was on The Book of Taliesyn originally, and became a fixture of shows during the Mark II lineup (Blackmore, Gillan, Lord, Glover, Paice) and is just amazing. I've found a lot of really amazing versions that were luckily filmed on Youtube, and will try to post some on here. It's very fun to watch, and some of the stuff they were doing is so ahead of its time that it still boggles my mind, and some of the performances are 40 years old. It's crazy how that works, but it is something I can really appreciate and enjoy, and I'm glad that different people have posted these to share. I'm really glad YouTube exists. :)




Live in Paris, 1970




Bilzen, 1969

Part I



Part II


Part III
This has one of the most jaw dropping guitar solos I have heard Ritchie play. Absolutely amazing.




Doing Their Things, 1970

No comments:

Post a Comment