Friday, December 3, 2010

Such a long span of time, so little to really say...

So I guess I haven't written in here since September. I've been busy and braindead, but working all the same. Blogging didn't seem like it mattered too much, since there aren't a lot of people who even look at this. I post links sometimes, on Facebook and whatnot, and no one seems to acknowledge. I don't know if they don't want to read stuff, they forget to comment or they just genuinely do not care... I'm not sure I'm really offended either. I'm just ambivalent. Sometimes it's nice not to share your life and everything you do with people. I think after a while the world at large will remember this. Sometimes privacy is a wonderful thing, especially when you're creating and trying to build a life for yourself. That's another blog though, some other time when I'm feeling ardently wistful.

It's kind of weird, perhaps I'm just becoming really 'busy' and involved, for the first time in a long time. It's a good thing I think, in some ways. In others, it's kind of sad. I forget a lot about documenting the daily routines or my ideas or thoughts, but at the same time my energy level has been either very high or very low, or some weird combination. It's kind of like sleepwalking and still getting a normal day's worth of work done.



I took some pics back at the Valient Thorr show at the beginning of October (I think). It went pretty well and they did a fun show. I hadn't listened to them much before, but I have some friends who are ginormous fans, and I'm really glad I got to be a part of it :)
The pictures are here: Valient Thorr - Kansas City, MO

I also have been working on grant writing, and it's pretty involved. Now we'll see if my labors paid off. Of course, I will work hard to make them pay off. If not, my graduate work will have to make big adjustments and that would really suck.


I did get my wish finally and they announced GR dates. I'm going to the February 3 show in Chicago, and will be taking pics there. I don't know if I'll get a 'photo pass', but I've heard the venue is nice about letting people take them anyway. Hopefully that will all work out all right. I just hope I can grab some posters for friends who collect them.

I'm looking forward to winter break. Hopefully I will get my website up (yeah it's still not up, but I made some url and other suchness changes), volunteer at a local animal shelter and help them to get some babies new homes, and possibly get another of my teeth pulled. I'm not looking forward to that last one, but I don't think the majority of human beings really enjoy that sort of stuff.

I guess the only thing to leave with is this, just because... yeah, ahahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for soiling my eyes with that pic. :p

    It's been a long, strange ride these last three months, and nice to see that there's a light at the end, temporary as it may be. And if you do get some posters from the GR show, I'd be happy to have one.

    ReplyDelete