Monday, May 17, 2010

Rest in Peace Dio...

In all my wildest dreams, I didn't think I'd be writing a blog about Ronnie James Dio leaving this world... Anyway though, he's gone now, but only in body. His spirit is still with every metal fan who ever believed, and I think perhaps that this will inspire even more people to listen to his music and those of his colleagues and counterparts.

I've thought about his death in a much more Buddhist kind of philosophy... more like he transcended and is in another level of reality, and is resting from all the medical problems that beset him in the last six months. It helps me deal with it, even though I had a good cry the other night. No one is ever going to be able to replace him, and that's all right.


Anyway, that's really all for now. I'm still at home, maybe will help mom paint some tomorrow but I'm not really sure yet. All I know is I could sleep for a week. Ahhwell. Sleeping all the time is highly overrated, and life is way too short.

Anyway, thank you Mr. Dio, for all the music and inspiration, and I only wish I'd come to know your music much sooner...

No comments:

Post a Comment