Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sigh

Well this week has gotten off to a weird start.

Sunday Tim and Jodi came kind of at different times and helped me pack. We got a lot done, Bruce provided entertainment, and Marek sat in the bedroom and extra room being generally crabby. My apartment is a maze of boxes and junk, and all the things I haven't decided on packing yet. It's kind of irritating, and I shouldn't be ungrateful for having so much stuff. At the same time, it's an overwhelming mess to sort it all, categorize it and HOPE I don't run out of boxes. That said, I'm getting very very close.

Some time last week my dishwasher got clogged, and is now holding water in the bottom of it. I believe I ran it on Wednesday before I went to class, and when I got home I thought hmm, this is strange, but chalked it up to my dishwasher being old. I didn't notice the smell until Saturday, and it's still in the same state, since the apartment complex I presently live in can't seem to ever have enough maintenance people on staff to actually help their tenants out. I'm very relieved that I only have until Friday to actually reside here.

Marek had his annual vet visit today and ended up getting scared so much that he had an accident on the way to the car. I felt horrible, and got him a bath when we got home. He still smells funny, so he might end up taking another dip. He's going to hate me, but he can't be all smelly. Nope nope nope. Poor baby bear. I feel terrible, but there was hardly any parking and we parked right by some guys doing yardwork. Baaad idea. Ugh.

Oh well. I'm exhausted and today's been crazy. It's barely 11 am and I'm ready for a very very long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment