Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nonsensical Blithering...

Today has been interesting. I came to the realization that if my brain were wired into Twitter, the entire world would probably hate me. It's a good thing it isn't then.

I made a lot of interesting observations though...

Andrew WK's long lost brother was driving in front of me on a motorcycle with KC Chiefs stickers plastered on it and a BMW helmet. That's something you don't see every day. He was also chunky. Sadly I didn't get a photo because the light turned green.

It was also apparently bring your idiot to Sonic and get half price happy hour drinks. I almost got crunched into by some stupid woman on her cell phone, basically blocking the entrance, then when I cleared that obstacle, there was an SUV just sitting out in the middle of the drive area turned on with no one in it. I'll be avoiding that Sonic for a while...

That's really all I can think of right now. It's been a long long day, and I'm ready to go home and sleep for about a month. I haven't worked this long of a shift basically anywhere since February. Luckily this one is basically babysitting a photo lab, at least today, and I can relax and listen to good music. Nothing wrong with that.

I went to a show last night, it was pretty good, what I was able to see of it. I had to leave before the last band, which was a shame, but I listened to them on Myspace and it was ok, but nothing special. It seems like it's that way a lot around here. Maybe I just have extreme expectations, I really don't know. It's nice to see talented bands, and sometimes talented people in so so bands... that's usually the gist of it. One or two people play their hearts out, the others spend too much time on drama and need to grow up. I guess that's just how it is. I mean, look at Pink Floyd... same thing. And hell, Roger Waters is still taking The Wall on tour... ugh.

Speaking of The Wall, I did actually try to watch it a few months ago. I got to 'One of My Turns', said screw it and went to HyVee for lemon cake. I mean, I do enjoy the album, but the movie was just terribly depressing, plus Bob Geldof is creepy.

I think I'm becoming grizzled, at least at some aspects of life here. The whole KC metal scene thing really bugs me, hopefully some changes will come about in the next few months. I just wonder how much I'll have to do with it. After the other crap involving metal that happened earlier this year, I'm hesitant to take part in projects, other than the Dio tribute, especially if the whole money and power and status things come into play. That's not worth it, and I'd rather be a speck of dirt than a clump of angry mud. That isn't the best analogy but whatever. At least I try, sometimes.

I've been trying to work on my website and WordPress is a pain. I did finally figure out how to fix some things, then I screwed my account up, so I'm trying to wait for it to update and work the bugs out. I did find a nice tutorial, so perhaps I can actually get my photo albums up. I'm still kind of confused as to how everything is going to be organized, but we'll see. Part of me is angry I didn't just use older coding, but that's the nature of technology. The minute you get good at something, the rules change and you are made obsolete. Technological Decay I suppose is a good way to put it... Survival of the brainiest at least in some terms.

I dunno, I guess I can go ahead and hit publish post and be done, hopefully I will be able to go home soon and get some quiet time and rest.

And just for the record, I really can't stand Savatage.

Thank you and goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. I just wonder if there is anyone committed enough to try to make metal music relevant in KC without the issues. Since the beginning of the year, I've been thinking about leaving town, and that hasn't changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say I am, but at the same time, this is a transitional point for me too. I've been thinking about 'leaving town' for half my life...

    ReplyDelete