Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Feeling slammed and mellow at the same time... is that possible?

Well, it's been a busy week. Midterms are going on right now and everyone I know is feeling like their brain has been burnt to a crisp. I'm home feeling hideous, and I know I need to go to class tonight. I'm not feeling it at all, but yeah...

Marek is curled up in his little self-made nest on the couch. He's lucky.

I'm excited for break. It will be nice to go home for a few days and see my parents for the first time since Christmas when they came up for a few hours and helped me move furniture. Mom is almost finished with the bathroom renovations, and I'm sure she's relieved.
Other than that I'm doing the best I can to just keep a level head and get through the next few weeks. I'm sure there will be a lot of stress, but I'll live. Now I just need to get over the feeling of being used by some people I've become acquainted with in the last few months. I suppose it just means the year is off to a rocky and undecided start. Hopefully that will pass and things will become more concrete and successful.

I keep trying to remind myself that I have to provide for me first, before helping others, but somehow that always gets turned around. It's funny though, the people at the core who know me best still give me support and the care that I really do need, even if it's in a roundabout way sometimes. I'm grateful for them, because even if there are arguments or things taken the wrong way, it always turns out for the better after you have a chance to explain your actions.

Hopefully in the future I'll learn to be slower to trust, and more decided in my actions, and learn even more patience than I've learned in the past couple of years.





No comments:

Post a Comment