Monday, March 1, 2010

More new images

Ok, here are a few more new ones. I'm not too happy about how this inserts photos, but eh, I'll live.

Some of them might be a bit large, so click on them to get the full effect. This blog program cuts things off at a certain point and it's a bit of a pain... I'm thinking of switching to Wordpress, but I don't really have time at the moment to go through all of that.



First, this is another of the Marie Antoinette series, I'm pretty happy with it. I've been trying to figure out how to get the mottled effect for a while and I think I finally have my own version of something I really like.










After that, I decided to do some messing around on the scanner, just with very simple self-portraits. This is one I did a while after the usual 'smush your face into the glass' type stuff, and I really like the ghostlike effect.








This was the next one, which started out as a face scan, and I messed around with levels and color balance, then remembered some photos that I didn't use in Spring of 2009, so I put one to good use from an iced over pond at Loose Park.










This one is a closer section of the same image, but with different color balancing.









I'm pretty excited about this last one. It started off with a scan where I thought, why not do a rolling scan of my face, sort of like I've seen on some Discovery Channel show about mapping faces. I just rolled my head with the movement of the light bar, which was a lot trickier than I thought it would be, and it turned out insanely weird looking. I messed with the levels and color balance, did some overlapping of the same image in different opacities and blending methods, and then used a photo of a crazy tree trunk to get the wood effect... this kind of reminds me of something like mutant Treebeard, or even The Fountain... which was quite a weird movie...





And as always, thanks for looking, and please leave comments if you have any ideas or suggestions :)

1 comment:

  1. Sara, these are utterly fantastic! I am so blown away by these images. They really jive with my aesthetic, so I'm biased, but I dunno if I could execute them like this. I wish I'd seen more of your work when you were at KCAI. Can't wait to troll through your blog and see more of this awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete